I have so much produce from my garden that we need to eat that I thought tonight would be a good night to make a soup.
- Get out your soup pot and put on medium heat. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil or butter to bottom of pot.
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil or butter for a few minutes, or until onions are translucent
- Add 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, and a 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- De-stem about 10 pieces of Kale and chop into pieces, you may need to add more olive oil for the kale to cook down. Put on medium/low for 4-5 minutes
- Chop about 4 medium sized potatoes and add to pot
- Chop up 2-3 carrots and add to pot
- Add 1 box of Chicken stock
- Cover and let simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add 1/2 c. heavy cream or milk (just not skim milk!)
- Chop up some fresh parsley and add. Taste soup and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Let sim for about 5 more minutes
- Enjoy! Serves 4
(please use organic ingredients when possible)
I served this with Organic croutons from Costco or a good homemade bread would taste great with it. I also topped it off with a little cheddar and Parmesan cheese. I had some leftover ground up grass fed hamburger that I added and cooked up some Applegate Chicken and apple sausage. Bacon would be good too.