I love having muffins available to grab and go. I usually make a batch and then freeze the majority of them. These muffins taste awesome defrosted from the freezer. They are loaded with so much healthy goodness such as carrots, apples, banana’s, chia seeds, coconut oil and more!
Organic Coconut Carrot Muffins
– 2 1/2 cups of organic whole wheat flour or almond flour
– 1 tablespoon cinnamon
– 2 teaspoons baking soda
– 1 teaspoon pink salt
– 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
– 1 tbsp chia seed
– 2 cups grated carrots (I used colored carrots from Trader Joe’s)
– 1 peeled, cored, and grated apple
– 3/4 cup coconut oil or grass fed butter, melted
– 3 organic eggs
– 3 tablespoons maple syrup or local honey
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (or raisins)
– 1 medium banana cut up in small bits
(Please use organic ingredients whenever possible)
Start by getting out your food processor and grating the carrots and apple and preheat oven to 350 F.
Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, chia seed and shredded coconut in a bowl. Then, mix in the shredded carrot and apple until combined.
In a different bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with spoon.
Add in the chocolate chips (or raisins) and banana bits. The batter will be thick.
Pour the mixture into a muffin tin lined with unbleached baking cups or silicone baking cups. I like to sprinklie organic sugar on top of the batter before baking.
Bake in 350 F oven for 35-40 minutes. If you’re making mini muffins, 15 minutes is all you need. This recipe made 18 muffins and 12 mini muffins.
It tastes amazing fresh out of the oven with a little bit of Kerry Gold grass fed butter. Mmmmm! Enjoy!